4.24.2014

Natural way to clean and disinfect baby toys

My son is now teething, so naturally everything is going in his mouth! Kinda scary, since I know there are tons of germs and dirt on everything. I try to not be a total germ-a-phobe, but I also don't want my baby getting sick from the billions of germs, viruses and bacteria living on everything. 

 I want to be able to keep his toys clean and free of potential nasty germs but I don't want to use any harsh products to do so. I read that white vinegar is a great, natural and safe cleaning agent. It just so happened I had a gallon if it in my cuppard! My lucky day!!

Make your own natural, safe cleaner:

All you need is an empty spray bottle ( I used my old fruit & veggie wash spray bottle), 1 cup of white vinegar, and 6 drops of tea tree oil. The tea tree oil acts as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal. Spray any toy or surface area that baby touches with the cleaner and wipe it dry. 

The vinegar smell is not the prettiest, but at least I know my baby will not be injesting any harsh, toxic cleaning products when he puts his toys in his mouth!

No comments: