12.20.2014

Homemade: Peppermint body scrub

Now that it is winter time and very dry, I am definitely needing to exfoliant my skin more often! I have tried several different natural body scrubs in the past. They work just fine, but can be a bit pricy. So I thought why not try making my own?! I found a super easy and inexpensive DIY exfoliant in Pinterest. 

Here is the simple recipe:


Makes a little more than 1 quart of body scrub
-2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil

Melt the coconut oil, then add to sugar. Stir mixture. Add peppermint essential oil, (I use DoTerra oils). You can add more coconut oil if preferred, to get desired consistency. Put your scrub in a sealed container, I like to use the 1/2 quart, short mason jars. 

How simple is this? It smells yummy, is great for your skin, and cheap to make! Also makes a great gift :) 

Happy Holidays!!

Blessings, 
Sarah

No comments: