1.05.2015

Egg Muffins: A grab and go breakfast!

I am trying to be more organized with my cooking and prepare several meals at once. Breakfast is usually an easy meal to prepare each day for myself and my family but, I thought why not have something already made so we could just grab and go on those busy mornings. 

Eggs make a great, filling, protein rich meal for pregnancy and also for my growing toddler. So, I decided to make a large batch of egg muffins since I had a ton of eggs in my refrigerator. These freeze well and keep for several days. 

Here is my simple recipe for egg muffins:
(Makes 18 large muffins)
16 eggs
2 Tbs milk
green pepper
1lb ground breakfast sausage (chicken or pork)
I cup Cheddar cheese
Dash of salt and pepper for taste 

Spray muffins tins with olive oil,
brown breakfast sausage, whisk eggs, add half a green pepper(chopped), add milk, then salt and pepper. Pour into muffin tray, add a bit cheese on top of each muffin. Bake at 350 for 18-20 mins.


Egg muffins are yummy and very filling. You can also add any other veggies you have or even salsa for a different flavor.
These muffins are a hit in our house and make my busy mornings seem a lot less hectic. Just reheat and enjoy! 

Here is to the New Year and cooking more family friendly, easy, healthy, budget friendly meals! 

Blessings,
Sarah

No comments: