8.31.2014

DIY burlap wreath


Fall is one of my favorite times of year for decorating. Burlap, leaves, pumpkins, and gords, they all go together so beautifully! I was recently inspired while on Pinterest to make a burlap wreath for my front door for the fall season.

I found a tutorial on Pinterest on how to make my own wreath, only using a few items. I placed the "K" in the center of the wreath to add a little something more! I have the letter K decor throughout my house. 

Here is what you need to make your own wreath:

-a roll of burlap ( I used a roll of 20ft)
- wire wreath frame ( mine is 18in)
- wooden letter
-scrapbook paper
- mod podge, mate finish 
- burlap ribbon
-hot glue gun
- string or wire

Wrap wreath frame with burlap. Trace wood letter on scrapbook paper, cut, then paste scrapbook paper on wood letter. Using a hot glue gun, attach knotted string to the back of wood letter. Once it's dry, tie the string and secure to the wire wreath. Wrap burlap ribbon around the wreath for a final touch. 

Total cost of wreath: $12 at Michael's (don't forget your 40% off coupon, they send them out weekly in the paper or to your email)

Happy crafting!!

Blessings,
Sarah

No comments: