8.26.2014

Fall wardrobe update

With the fall season just around the corner, it was time to take a look at my closet and figure out what staple items I needed to revamp my wardrobe.

Knowing the specific items I was looking for, I started my shopping quest! Here is what I came up with:

1. A new military jacket:
A found this gem at a thrift store. Prefect for layering throughout the fall and winter season.

2. Plaid Shirt:
I've been looking everywhere for the past month for the perfect fitting plaid shirt! And of all places I found it in the men's section! The trend this fall is all about plaid!! It should be loose fitting to add a masculine, grunge feel. I'll be wearing this shirt a lot, with skinnys, a dress, layered with a chunky sweater and my leather jacket. (Lucky Brand) Also thrifted!

3. Quilted faux leather moto jacket:
I am so excited the for cooler weather so I can finally wear this jacket! I found this jacket on clearance at H&M this summer. A great layering piece that is both edgy and classic! The quilted pattern and feminine neckline makes this jacket a great update to the classic leather bomber jacket. 

4. Skinny jeans:
I can never have too many pairs of skinny jeans! Skinny denium is apart of my daily uniform for the majority of the fall, winter, and spring seasons. I always try on all my jeans in the fall and assess my needs, then shop for the proper fit and color. These Levi's skinnys are thrifted! 

5. Brown Booties
I wear mine with skinny jeans, skirts and dresses. I love this trend of boots because I can wear them with almost anything in my closet and they are comfortable to wear for a long time. Just make sure they are not too high! Your feet and knees will thank you. (From 
DSW)

6. Leopard slip-on sneakers:
My go to shoe! I love how comfortable and sporty they are. I've been wearing sneakers all summer with denium shorts, and will continue this trend into the fall with this fun leopard pattern. I'll wear these with skinnys, or a dress and they will complete any outfit. (Old Navy)

I can't wait to start dressing for fall with all these great wardrobe essentials! 

Blessings,
Sarah

2 comments:

beinspiredliving said...

I love the moto jacket and am a big fan of leopard prints! :-) I LOVE fall and your style ideas!

sekelly10 said...

I am glad this post was helpful for your fall wardrobe updates :)