8.05.2014

Quiche: An easy go-to meal

We eat a lot of eggs in our house! They are fast, easy to cook, and are a filling meal. My husband loves quiche, so I usually make it once every other week. I like making quiche because I can use whatever ingediants I already have in my refrigerator. 


I make my own pie crust! To make crust: Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or safflower is fine) 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix dough, then hand press dough in your pie dish.

Here is what I typically put in my quiche:
-8 eggs
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
-Veggies ( red or green pepper, spinach, broccoli, onion, tomato, mushroom, ect, whatever you have in your fridge)
-chicken or spicy sausage (if I have some)
-cheese (cheddar, feta)
Beat the eggs, add salt, pepper, nutmeg, plain yogurt (makes the quiche creamy) Mix in veggies. Pour mixture into pie crust. Add cheese on top. 

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 mins. (Make sure the middle of the quiche is firm before you take it out of the oven) Serves 8

Quiche is great the next day for breakfast or lunch!

Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

beinspiredliving said...

Looks yummy- love quiche!