9.29.2014

Clothing Swap

Have you ever wanted to go shopping and not pay a dime? How is this possible you ask?! Well, this past weekend I hosted a clothing swap. I cleaned out my closet and picked out gently used fall and winter items. I invited my girlfriends to come and do the same. The result, my own boutique, filled with great fall and winter clothes ready to be shopped! We had over 200 artcles of clothing, and accessories for everyone to choose from! 

Each person received one ticket for every item brought and that was how many items they could swap. We shopped in rounds, making it fair for everyone. Each round you are allowed to pick 4 items at a time. At the end, all remaining items are donated to a local shelter. 

Having a clothing swap is a great way to update your wardrobe, and have a fun girls night. This will definitely be an annual event for me to host. All the ladies had a great time and everyone left happy with "new" cute clothes! 

5 comments:

Mattea said...

Love this idea! I've been thinking about doing a swap with some friends of mine, so it's exciting to hear what a success yours was! I may have to pick your brain for ideas on how to organize it!

Unknown said...

This was SO fun and I've gotten tons on compliments on my new clothes already!

sekelly10 said...

Mattea you should totally host one! PLus you can show off your new house :)

sekelly10 said...

Katherine I am so glad you loved all your new clothes!! Everything looked great on you :)

Unknown said...

This happened a few years ago through a local radio station. There were clothing items from about 250-300 women so it was a super great selection and a ton of fun. Love the idea of doing it with a smaller group too!