9.19.2014

Cooking with pumpkin: Pancakes

My favorite time of year is here! I love the fall. The cooler weather, decorating my home with leaves, burlap, gords, and doing a lot of baking with my favorite ingredient: pumpkin! 

I decided to put a little spin on my pancake recipe this week. Adding pumpkin made the pancakes moist and super yummy! I highly recommend trying them. My husband and son couldn't get enough. It made our Saturday morning brunch a real fun treat. We topped our flapjacks with warm, real maple syrup, a dash of cinnamon, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar! I think these will be a breakfast favorite for a while :)


- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3 cups butter milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 

Mix together dry ingredients, add eggs (whisk them separately, then add to dry ingredients) add butter milk. Mix until smooth. 
Makes 12 pancakes. Enjoy! 

Blessings,
Sarah

2 comments:

beinspiredliving said...

Oh wow this looks like something my family would love too!

Unknown said...

Yum, I'm going to try these too!